this 71 acre mixed-use development is Destined to transform Blackdog into a high quality lifestyle, leisure and ultimately global business location.
Blackdog lies at the junction of the northern leg of the Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route (AWPR) and the A90 Aberdeen and Peterhead road, providing an accessible and attractive location for a mixed-use development that will act as a gateway to the south of the Energetica corridor. Local house builder Kirkwood Homes and commercial developer Ashfield Land are delivering the project.
The first phase was granted planning permission in November 2015, giving the go-ahead for 48 houses to go on site during 2016.
Planning applications for the different elements of the £150 million project were submitted to Aberdeenshire Council in March 2016. The scheme secured unanimous approval when presented to the Formartine Committee in March 2017 and received unanimous approval from full council in April 2017.
The development will:
- Transform the site into a high quality lifestyle, leisure and ultimately global business location
- Deliver the ambitions of the approved Blackdog Masterplan (2012) including a new town centre for local communities, a regional food hall, high quality industrial and office accommodation and 600 new homes
- Create a significant number of job opportunities across a range of sectors. This will include 1,200 construction jobs over the life of the project and 1,500 net additional full time jobs in the longer term
- Lever substantial wider benefits including £586 million in salaries over a 25 year period and GVA of £1.56 Billion
- Link the A90 to the Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route, creating an impressive gateway to Aberdeenshire
- Reflect community feedback by including a site for a new primary school to enhance the sense of community and relieve pressure on Balmedie Primary
- Accommodate 600 new homes (150 affordable) for around 2,100 new residents generating £1.5 million in council tax every year
- Act as an exemplar development in relation to carbon reduction in line with a ‘be lean, be clean and be green’ energy strategy securing a 48% reduction in site wide carbon emissions
- Be delivered in partnership with key stakeholders including Aberdeenshire Council and the local community.
For further information contact email@example.com